Friend Makin Mondays::Personal Quirks and Habits
As you know Every Monday My Girl Kenlie posts a FMM – this is meant to interact with other bloggers, link up and get to know each other a bit better.
If you’ve previously taken part you know the rules. If you don’t know how it works, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog and then add your link the comments section here or at Kenlie’s Blog so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links as well so everyone has the opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM blog post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
This Week’s Topic: Personal Quirks and Habits
1. Share one unique character trait that sets you apart from your friends. Honestly? No idea. I need to think about this one more.
2. List at least two pet peeves that always aggravate you. Talking on the phone on public transport, listening to music so loud on headphones that I can artist, title, track and hear the lyrics clearly.
3. Is there a word or phrase that you say so regularly that people expect to hear it from you? “seriously” or “awesome”
4. Are you a risk taker, or do you typically play it safe? I would say I’m a calculated risk taker
5. Describe your life as it was in high school. Are you the same person? Have you changed? High school was so long ago. I was so insecure, had no idea how to respect myself, cared about what others thought all the time. I’m the complete opposite to that now.
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done that you’re glad you did? I flew to Las Vegas to meet a bunch of girls I only knew online for a weekend. From the Netherlands.
7. Do you ever talk to yourself? If so, share an example. ALL the time! Usually when I’m trying to get through something or “practising” out loud what I want to say to someone. I do this a lot with running “come on girl. you KNOW you can do this”
8. Share something you did that unexpectedly helped shape your life. I’m not so sure it was so unexpectedly, but when I was supposed to go back to the US I decided I wanted to stay here and try to learn the language and get another job on a local contract. I took out a loan against my 401K, went to an intensive Dutch course for a week, found a new job, got a new place and found a roommate. I don’t think my family or friends expected that. I always wanted to really experience life in another country though, and speak another language, so I had to try.
9. Do you follow a strict routine, or are you a free spirit? Are you somewhere in between? I am fairly strict in my routine, but I need to be because I don’t have a lot of free time. My weekends are more open and flexible.
10. Share something about yourself that you hope will inspire others. OOH. This is also a tough one. If you know me for a long enough period of time, maybe you know that I am someone who doesn’t give up. No matter what I have been faced with, I have carried on, and believed in myself. Just believe in YOU and anything you want is possible. Maybe I’m not the most inspirational, or the fastest, or have the most amazing weight loss story, but I never give up and that’s what it’s about. You get one life, so LIVE it.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. Have a happy Monday!
Hi Renee … just passing by from FMM.
I would have placed answer 8 firmly against question 10. Deciding to stay half way round the world, set up home and learn a new language is pretty inspiring to me!
Great blog by the way, glad to have crossed paths.