Positive Post: Monday Reflections and Ten Things
Last week was a mixture of the good stuff and the not so good stuff. Stress is a fairly common factor in my life at the moment, at least when it comes to work. It was probably the worst week for someone new to start on my team, but it happened anyway and I had to go with the flow.
That flow meant that I lost control yet again but got such great support from my twitter and blog friends that I was able to turn things around and shift my brain so that I can work towards overcoming that loss of control. It’s still early days, but I feel like I can really DO this. It’s maybe a bit boring but I really, honestly don’t have underlying issues that need to be dealt with; I HAVE been dealing with my issues for many years now and because of that I’m actually where I am right now. I know where my insecurities are and I know why I try to push my emotions (and stress) down. I’m going to be a lot more open and vocal (blogful?) about those things.
I was able to switch the flow a bit and ran twice (on Monday and Friday) and went to the gym on Tuesday (a major achievement since normally I would go straight for the wine and pizza after consuming 3,672 italian chocolates thinking “f*ck it”) and I am so thankful that hubs is now going too. It’s that little bit more making me accountable.
I wasn’t super excited for Saturday, but knowing that my emotions may come into play as we went to pick up the ashes of my beloved Frankie who unfortunately died at 18 years old, I told myself that it was ok to feel, rather than eat the feelings away.
There was no junk consumed. In fact, I only had one glass of wine that evening (I usually reserve 2 or 3 for Saturday night) because of course …
I had my 10.5K in Egmond on Sunday. Which was awesome.
I feel like I am honestly on my way to real acceptance. This is who I am. This is the body I accept. I can do many things. I am healthy. I’m strong. I’m funny. I’m a good friend. A good person. I really can’t complain about much. So I have a few issues with how my clothes fit. A luxury problem. I’ll make the best of it.
10 Things to Look Forward to This Week
1. I only work three days this week!
2. Hub’s birthday on Wednesday – since he kind of rocks my world, I love celebrating the day he was born
3. Seeing not only 1, but 2 friends on Thursday
5. Calling my dad to see how his treatment went (please think good thoughts – he’s having radiation for prostate cancer)
6. Hubs making a new recipe for dinner (a Malaysian Curry)
7. Finally getting to talk to my doctor about what could be going on with me (appt Thurs morning 8am)
9. Going out to dinner for the guy’s birthday, which always means a good laugh with my love.
10. Prepping for Hub’s birthday party on Saturday (and then enjoying the party!!)
What are you looking forward to this week?