What Happens When Pinky Diets
Warning: this is not going to be a positive post. This is going to be a ranting one. Feel free to completely skip it if you like. If I can’t bitch in my own blog then why pay the hosting fees, right?
I’m sitting here, it’s day 3 of the “new” diet – the one where it’s kind of paleo but it’s not? Yeah. So I’m already arguing logic points on this but whatever. Day 3 and I feel like total hell and I’ll tell you why:
1) I’m supposed to eat right when I get up. That’s fine I can eat whatever I have no issue. I’m not one of those “oooh I can’t handle anything in the morning” people. Bring it on. Any type of food. However, I get up between 5 – 5:30am. I was making my breakfast and eating in the train at 7am. This kept me going until around 10 – 11am and then I would either eat an egg or a piece of fruit and wait until lunch to eat again.
2) I’m supposed to eat every 3 hours. So uh, that would mean 5:30/8:30/11:30/2:30/5:30/7:30. Now wouldn’t that be just brilliant if it could all work out that way? As it is I have lunch at 12 (not 11:30 it’s too early and I often have meetings in the morning). This morning I tried 6/9/12, etc and OH MY GOD I felt completely effed up all day. My breakfast at 6 lasted me until exactly 7. My head tells me to eat when I’m hungry but I waited until 9. I was in Murderous Rage Stage when I walked into the office needing to warm up meal number 2
3) Two meals are carb only. Oh but no pasta or rice or grains. Uh. OK. But muesli bread is ok. Yeah go figure. Technincally not allowed is Bob’s Seven Grain but Steel Cut Oats are fine. ??????????? So today meal two was Bob’s 7, banana and apple with maple syrup (allowed). This lasted me until 10:30 when I became ravenous again.
4) After I ate lunch – turkey and veg sautéed in coconut oil – I was hungry immediately.
5) No more than two cups of coffee per day. Mentally I miss my one latte I allowed myself each day if I really wanted it. I’ve been drinking green tea, which I discovered has caffeine, which is not allowed after 2 cups. :(
6) All this stuff about what cavemen ate or what the ancients had makes no sense to me. So, they were eating cottage cheese? Wasn’t it more a feast or famine type of thing? Ancient Anasazi’s where wrong with their beans???? (not allowed) Kamut is wrong? It’s an ancient grain! Quinoa?
7) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
8) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
9) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
10) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
11) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
12) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
13) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
14) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
15) I didn’t want to focus on weight loss or diet.
16) I just want to eat when hungry and choose the right foods. I don’t mind taking supplements or fish oil or other things that will enhance my health but seriously this is bullshit.
So three days and I’m fed up already. This is just not the way I want to live my life. I’ve mentioned it before I’m done with obsessing and caring about my weight. Sure it would be great to not be in the overweight category but I prefer to be HEALTHY, STRONG, and FIT. Dieting sucks, I hate it and I’m not going to keep doing this.
Friday I’m having a very serious chat with my trainer to emphasize ONCE AGAIN I do not want to focus on weight loss or diet.