FMM: Friend Makin’ Monday:: Groceries
Here it is again! Friend Makin’ Monday!
As you know Every Monday My Girl Kenlie posts a FMM – this is meant to interact with other bloggers, link up and get to know each other a bit better. I have only participated once, that was back in May… and now it’s time to participate again :)
If you’ve previously taken part you know the rules. If you don’t know how it works, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog and then add your link the comments section here or at Kenlie’s Blog so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links as well so everyone has the opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM blog post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. How often do you cook at home? To be honest, Hubs does the cooking most days. I may cook one or two days a week. I do however always prepare a fruit and yoghurt snack and a little salad for the hubs every workday so that’s kind of reciprocating, right?
2. Do you eat more fresh produce, frozen or canned produce? Like Kenlie, I eat fresh produce. I also don’t remember having a lot of fresh stuff growing up so I didn’t realize how much I loved so many different fruits and vegetables. I do use canned corn when I’m in the mood to have it with a bit of tuna. I also sometimes use canned mushrooms when I’m in a hurry to make a quick omelet breakfast (for example).
3. What are a few unusual staples that can always be found in your kitchen? Kenlie also answered this “You can almost always find pickles in my fridge. Is that unusual?” I also always have pickles but not sure that’s unusual. In fact I can’t think of much that’s unusual. Sometimes I buy Kefir, maybe that’s as exotic as it gets.
4. Look in your fridge, then tell us about the healthiest thing in there. Spinach. Oh and Avocados. And Bulgarian Yoghurt :)
5. Now share the most unhealthy thing in it. Mayonnaise. And maybe the amazing amount of cheese in there (Hubs is Dutch, he needs his cheese).
6. Do you eat leftovers? Yes. In fact, since my pseudo-paleo change I am really happy we have leftovers. I always have a lunch or a breakfast for the next day.
7. Do you use coupons at the supermarket? Nope. We don’t really have them here.
8. How often do you try new recipes? Not often enough – though I keep buying books and pinning recipes on pinterest. I just don’t have a lot of time.
9. Do you make grocery lists? Do you stick to them? Yep. Hubs does the shopping a lot on his own so I have to make a list. Not on the list = Not in the cart.
10. If you could buy one food item that would magically be calorie-free, which item would you choose? Nutella!!
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. I would love it if you would participate on your blog or just answer in the comments! Happy Monday!!
I do use canned corn occasionally, and I never thought about using mushrooms from a can. That would make it easier to have them on hand. I like that idea.
We do have a lot of similar answers this week. Wow.
Great minds, my friend….great minds. ;)
See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OMG How exciting!!!!!!!!!!)
I know I had to giggle a bit to myself the similarities! If you can get them the Parisian mushrooms are really nice – they are little buttons.
Prepare to be Hug-tackled in just over a month!!!
awesome you played along too Heather!
I *love* this topic! I am still in the midst of my London 2012 series so will answer a few of the questions in the comments below!
Unusual staples in my kitchen: gluten free flour blend (made with tapioca flour, milk powder, xanthan, rice flour, cornstarch – all of the base ingredients are in my cupboards too, to mill when I run out of the big batch!)
Healthiest thing in my fridge: probably all the fruit and veg! I get a weekly fruit and veg box delivery so we always have plenty of the good stuff.
Unhealthiest thing: either mayo, or wine :-)
Thanks for sharing Renee!
thanks for “playing” Donna! I thought about the wine I Have in my fridge too, after I posted, oops :D