Friday Five: Things I’m loving RIGHT NOW
happy friday! i’m linking up again with Meranda and Lacey for the Friday Link up!
Today I just wanted to share a quick post with you on Things I’m Loving Right Now:
- Not a material thing, but I’m loving the feeling of positivity right now with the fresh start of the year. It just seems like people around me are setting goals and feeling good and that is spreading like wildfire! I am feeling positive about my goals and am actually enjoying looking into classes and things I can do to achieve them. Of course I need to also take action right? haha! don’t worry, that’s happening too.
- I’m loving these new hair slides I bought from Etsy – I’m constantly on the fence on what to do about my hair; I decided to grow out my bangs which I’ve never managed to do fully, but now I have the issue of my hair always in my face! I have a few hairclips but they didn’t feel age-appropriate (did I even just type that? I mean really, what’s age got to do, got to do with it?). Anyway I was looking for something different and came across Adrienn’s shop, ordered them and I finally received them this week. Super happy with them! (still on the fence though – cut my hair? don’t cut my hair? color it again?)
- I’m loving the power of social media – this week I posted this on Instagram and an IG friend responded that this was her lunch walking route as well! HUH? We literally work across the street from each other! So after a few messages back and forth we agreed to meet up and walk together! I knew Linda was also an expat / immigrant (from Sweden) and had lived here quite a while, but in the 25 min we spent walking and talking we found out we had even more similar situations and things in common. So this week, I’m loving Instagram for bringing us together! More lunch walks in the future for sure!
- I’m seriously loving the Simple Habits app that I mentioned in a previous post. I’m so motivated by the prospect of checking off my list each day before bedtime! Maybe it’s crazy but this little thing has reminded me to do the things that I really want to do each day, things I want to be a habit, things I would like in the future to just be the same as getting up, taking a shower, brushing my teeth, etc.! Can you believe “no junk at work” is my longest streak so far?
- I’m also loving tea right now. I’m a serious coffee drinker but I really can’t stand the coffee at work so I’m now drinking herbal tea pretty much all day (when I’m not in the restroom because of aforementioned tea). But I also love this tea from Higher Living (not an ad – I just like their teas and pay full price for them haha!). I still am not sleeping well so I have a Morning Mojo when I’m up (and then coffee with my breakfast) and it’s just so vibrant and tasty!
All these things are making me feel good which = healthy! Positivity does amazing things for us, don’t you think?
What are you loving right now?
Loving all the positivity on the blog.
I’m trying to be positive too.
I drink in the am but I do love flavored teas. I have a lot of them too. But lately since I am home, rather than tea, I’m having a glass of red wine every night.
I do post to and read iG more than FB because of the politics on FB.
If I had wine in the house I would probably drink a glass every night too… I always think of those memes where it says “the doctor told me that one glass of red wine a day is perfectly healthy” and then they should a humongous glass of wine hahaha – my kind of prescription!
I think I’ve blocked/ muted most people who post political stuff on FB but occasionally I post things that really upset me – not usually political but more unjust. I don’t think I could leave FB – the few people from school that I still want contact with are there, my old coworkers from when I was still in the US and loads of people I’ve met along the way (travelling or other expats). So if someone is a clear racist or supports politics that I’m totally against then well… we are not likely really friends!
Thanks for sharing your “5 things” with us. I have been debating about getting on IG for months now. I have FB and Twitter accounts, but I don’t pay too much attention to them. Everyone I read, though, seems to really like IG. Maybe it’s time for me to check it out.
I’m a coffee drinker too, but I have been drinking English Breakfast (decaf) after dinner lately.
I am using IG much more than twitter these days for sure.
I like EB tea but really in the morning and with lots of milk :)
That simple habits app looks super helpful. A lot of times something simple like that is all a person needs to be motivated to stick to there goal
I just ordered some new hair ties as well from Pony-O. I am hoping they will hold my hair. Those are pretty ones you got!
thanks! I really am not allowed (from myself ha!) to buy any more hair ties… I have so many and can pretty much be found all over the house at the moment! I hope they work for you.
That’s so cool that you were able to connect with Linda through that IG post! I know that social media gets a lot of flack but it is really good too.
I’m also loving the positive energy in the air right now – it’s nice!
I’m going to ride this positive wave as long as I can for sure!
I’m going through a “What to do with my hair???” thing, too. I try to modify my style periodically, so it looks different everyday and from year to year (trust me, there’s a lot of chicks in Iowa still sporting their high school do’s). But the bangs….I’ve been wearing them “short” (kind of nose-length) in recent months, but I’m debating growing them out a bit (like to my chin). I’m tempted to cut the entire mop of it to a shorter length, too….
I think I feel like chopping my hair off at least once a day… but I like it more long and so does Ron. I just am still not fully convinced about no bangs. I need to at least decide something soon – my hairdresser is going to have a baby in May so I need to see her at least once before she’s off for a few months!
I love this positive, upbeat post! I am so glad you are looking forward to some new goals in the new year. That is so cool that you met Linda through IG and then were able to meet up in real life (and of course that scene gets to play out here in Chicago in October!). I met Wendy online when I was first investigating starting a blog. We have a ton in common (we are a year apart, we both only have sons, she lives in the town my husband grew up in, I am a neonatal nurse practitioner and she is a pediatric nurse practitioner…the list goes on and on!)
I’ve never heard of the Daily Habits app. I will have to look into it. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I’m actually able to check things off of a list. I am constantly writing them down.
As of the first of the year of revamped my diet, including limiting myself to two cups of coffee in the morning (and half-caff at that). I usually drink over a pot! I am definitely sleeping much better. Check out this article I sent to my son about the connection between caffeine and anxiety:
I don’t suffer from anxiety, but I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately. It’s an interesting piece of information! After a few weeks of the two-cup limit, I am going to eliminate caffeine altogether for at least a week and see if it makes a difference.
oh! I’ll definitely check out that article. lately at work I *may* only have two cups max from the machine and two at home. This week I think I had only one at work and the rest tea. I love coffee and will likely never give it up but I am very ok with not drinking it the whole day mow.
Positivity DOES do amazing things! Those hair slides are adorable. And how fun that you got to meet up with your friend!!
so true! I may need to buy a few new tops now to go with my new hair accessories hahaha! hopefully next week we can walk again.
I really like the “Loving Lately” posts!
That is awesome that you met a new friend through IG. I love how Instagram brings people of common interests together. It seems as we get older its harder to make new friends outside of work and IG helps with that!
I met quite a few people I know now through either twitter or IG. kind of bizarre really, but this is the way it is these days! I find it difficult anyway to meet friends so I’m happy when something like this happens!
I love all of these! I’m going to have to check out that Simple Habits app for sure! Thank you for sharing!! Have a great weekend!
it’s such a handy app, Chelsea! definitely try it!
Those hair slides are super cute!
#3 is so cool, haha. Such a small world, and yay for lunch walks in the future!
I’m definitely a tea lover as well! Green tea is one of my favorites!
so cool, right???
I do love green tea but I just tend to be careful with anything that could keep me awake at night that I only drink it in the morning.
That is so cool about the connection through Instagram! I had a connection like that a few years ago (right when i was ready to get rid of social media!!) on FB. Anyway, now I remind myself that social media can be very positive!!!
I love your IG connection! I just found out from posting my pic of the day on Facebook that two runner friends (at least) live really near a route I’m planning to run more regularly in the future. Very exciting to know that!
I love this list! Positivity for the win, especially this time of year!
I love the look of that app! I am going to have to check it out as I have been looking for a system to get to keep track of some of the healthy habits I am trying to implement more and more!
Such a fun instagram connection! Love when those types of connections happen :)
Have an awesome week!