First of all, on January 6th, these were my goals for the week:
1) I WILL track every single day
2) from this Wednesday to next (6th – 13th) I will run at least 1 time, and do some other form of exercise, minimum 20 mins every single day
3) I will join the gym, to train for 12K end of March (done!)
4) I am shooting for a loss of 1KG
That meant from the 6th to the 13th these were my goals. I did track every day except for the 12th. Why? Because on the 12th I went out for dinner with the Hubs as it was his birthday. I meant to do it, I was busy all day at work without a decent break to do so and I just didn’t do it. 6/7 is OK though, I’m happy with that, but it’s what I did from the 13th to today that is disappointing. I have not tracked a single day. So in this area, I still FAIL and need serious improvement.
I did NOT run, not once, however, we did have more snow and ice so that excuse is acceptable. I did NOT, however do exercise every day for at least 20 minutes. I went to the gym on Saturday for my introduction and to Zumba on Monday night and that’s pretty much it. Total Fail, though maybe some of you will tell me not to be so hard on myself.
I did join the gym, as mentioned. Now I need to GO to the gym.
I did NOT lose a kilo. In fact, I didn’t even get on the scale until yesterday when it revealed a whopping 100g loss. Save the party hats and blowers for next time folks.
Now, here’s my excuses:
1) There was a LOT going on. Like work, home, everything. A lot. Lots of stress too.
2) I have been SO exhausted lately
3) related to tracking – I am pretty much eating the same things every day, except for dinner. somehow my brain thinks it’s ok to justify not tracking
So, I need some serious improvement here. I am scheduled to go to my Weight Watchers meeting finally on Tuesday and come hell or high water, I am going to be there. I need a meeting, the connection with my leader, the other members around me – maybe I’ll hear something about dealing with stress. It’s always good to go to hear what the latest and greatest is with people.
I also made appointments with myself for the gym on Thursday and Friday. Today I will go on my elliptical, tomorrow I will go out and run again (it’s clearing up outside and the ice should be gone by then). I would really like to see the back of the 80’s but it is not going to happen if I don’t do the work. It’s really as simple as that.
So, tracking, moving, and improving. That’s what I’ll be doing.