Another Week Unveiled
Last week, these were my goals. So how’d I do?
This week I’d like to:
1) track at least 3 days. a FULL three days.
2) go to the gym at least twice
3) go for a run at least twice
4) see another loss on the scale next Saturday
I am proud to announce that I tracked 4½ days. It’s important that half is mentioned of course and that half would be Friday. By supper I didn’t track any further. So it’s really more like 4¾ days.
As I mentioned on Tuesday, I was going to relax a little bit about the total points per day and not worry so much if I went over 29, because after all, that’s what my “free points” are for per week.
The days I tracked, these were the results:
Monday, 29 points eaten, 1 point earned (pushups)
Tuesday, 29 points eaten, 0 points earned
Wednesday, 29 points eaten, 10 points earned (9 for running, 1 for pushups)
Thursday, 48.5 points eaten (eep!), 0 points earned
Friday, 51.5 points eaten (yikes! and I just finished that food journal entry, making it a full 5 days), 0 points earned
I do not know what Saturday and Sunday were last week, that’s why this week, I’ll be logging my food ALL week. (Even Thursday when I go to a cupcake workshop, drink wine and hang out with friends…)
I did NOT technically go to the gym twice. I went last Sunday and I went today, but I was meant to go sometime during the week as well. Unfortuantely it was another stressful week and on Thursday I wasn’t feeling very well at all, which is how I ended up with all those points. Friday I stayed at home and I ended up comfort eating in the afternoon.
I did NOT go for a run at least twice. I went on Wednesday evening and I went today, but today counts as a new week. It was Wednesday evening that I think did me in; the next day I had a very rough throat and a headache and things progressed downhill the rest of the day and into Friday.
I DID see another loss on the scale. 400 whopping grams! I’ll take the loss, I’m certainly NOT complaining about it. My weight as of this morning: 81.4 KG or 179 lbs. I will be throwing a party when I finally get under that bleeding 80 mark. Of course that party will only have carrot sticks, celery and water as the available refreshments. One thing that should be noted: I am less than 5KG heavier than Hubs. He really hates this fact as we actually have the same goal weight. He’ll lose what he wants to lose probably in a month and it will take me another 6 minimum for me to get close. Hubs isn’t overweight by any means, he just prefers to be on the smaller side.
Things I learned this week:
1) It’s OK to not be totally uptight about not going over 29 points per day. And when I relaxed, I actually managed 3 days right on target.
2) It’s OK to also feel hungry. I survived the week without passing out from hunger or dying. And there is always room for a cup of tea or a coffee which will help quell the feelings.
3) If I run I need to eat more. I think I had a headache on Thursday because I didn’t eat enough on Wednesday. I should eat more when I run so I am not ravenous or headachy the next day.
Things I’m working on:
1) Hubs and I started the 100 pushups program again (we did it this summer but didn’t complete it)
Here’s the results already this week:
|Pushups W1D1||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5||TOTAL|
|Pushups W1D2||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5||TOTAL|
|Pushups W1D3||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5||TOTAL|
2) I need to run MORE but at the same time stop panicking internally every time I think of this 12K we are doing on 28th of March. I figured today it will take me 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete the 12K and it HAS to be done within 1 hour and 50 minutes. That gives me 20 minutes built-in leeway.
This week I am going to:
1) Track EVERY single day. Have already tracked today, which is day 1 of the week (I have officially changed w/i again to Saturday)
2) Go to the Gym on Monday
3) Go to Zumba on Tuesday
4) Go running or do my elliptical at home on Wednesday
I was scheduled to go to WW on Tuesday but I think it’s more important right now to get to the gym 2x this week, once for Zumba. I *may* change this and switch Tuesday and Wednesday and go to Zumba on Monday… I just have to see how things go. In either case 2x to the gym!!
I’m off to use some of my exercise points on a glass or two (or three) of wine… a good reason to use some of them if you ask me!
A loss is a loss…congrats:-) I think you are doing really well against your goals. I have to remind myself sometimes that is about progress, not perfection,. I saw your tweet about your workout today. Good for you for working out, especially when you aren’t feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.
thank you so much Kat. Really appreciated :-) it is definitely progress not perfection!